Specialty Emulsions for Niche Applications
CVC is the premier North American manufacturer of specialty butadiene, nitrile, and acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene emulsions. These emulsions cover a comprehensive line of products that provide a combination of properties that are superior to other polymers like flexibility, chemical and abrasion resistance, toughness, temperature tolerance. These products are tailored to various applications based on the main monomers, functional monomers and surfactant type.
- Gaskets – Used as the polymer binder, Nychem latex imparts sealability, crush/creep resistance, chemical and fuel resistance and temperature resistance to prevent aging
- Paper Coatings – Nychem latex is used as a top coating to resist water, grease, and abrasion and to increase the strength of the cellulose fibers. Some grades are used for barrier/release coatings.
- Textile Coatings – Nychem latex imparts chemical and abrasion resistance, soft hand, oil resistance, tear strength and puncture strength.
- Adhesives – Nychem latex can be applied as a wet laminating adhesive to many substrates including plastic, aluminum, cellophane, concrete, glass, paper, phenolic, polyester, natural rubber, nitrile rubber, SP rubber, steel, wood, leather, polyurethane, nylon and cotton. They can also be used to bond various materials in heat-seal applications.
- Coal Tar/Asphalt Sealants – Adding Nychem latex to a sealant formulation can provide thickening, oil and gas resistance, film flexibility and improved drying time.
- Masking Tape & Abrasion Paper – Adding Nychem latex can impart durability, solvent and water resistance, internal bonds, and tear resistance.
Butadiene-based latexes may be vulcanized to further improve properties such as tensile strength and elastic recovery. Additionally, certain grades incorporate functional monomers for crosslinking.
For more than 50 years, the Nychem® product line was sold under the Hycar® brand, which was well known for its quality and superior technology foundation. Emerald rebranded the product line following the divestiture of the business from its predecessor company. These products are manufactured at our ISO-9001 certified operation in Akron, Ohio.
Interactive Product Guide functionality for the Nychem® product line will be available soon.